Extremist overclocker of Nordic Hardware "Crotale" has been at it again, this time managing to ramp up his new Pentium XE955 edition processor all the way to 6609MHz using liquid nitrogen cooling. SuperPi then landed him a 1MB result of 19.953s. INSANE?! Aaaaye!
Not too long ago Robert "Crotale" Kihlberg laid hands on both the title of Swedish Overclocking Champion and an Intel Pentium XE 955. He managed to reach 4GHz, both in the Championship and with Intel's new beast, which isn't bad at all as the first meant a 203% overclock but with the latter he felt he could do better as it is an extreme enthusiast processor.
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 01:47 pm CST
- Intel multi-GPU tech: if done right, could hurt AMD and NVIDIA
- Intel recalls Xeon E-2274G because they included a crappy fan
- Intel struggles continue to ryze: Samsung to help Intel make CPUs
- Intel cancels 10nm on desktop, 14nm to hold out until 2022?!
- 14nm shortage is so bad, Intel is reviving a 22nm CPU from 2013