Even with the beefier hardware inside of the new and improved PlayStation 4 Pro, Mass Effect: Andromeda will still only be running at 30FPS, the same framerate the current PS4 will be capable of.
Fabrice Condominas is a producer on Mass Effect: Andromeda, and during an interview with GameSpot where he shared the news. The PS4 Pro might be faster than the PS4, but limiting it to 30FPS means that Mass Effect: Andromeda will look much better on the PS4 Pro compared to the PS4 thanks to being upscaled to 4K.
GameSpot did note that the version of Mass Effect: Andromeda they saw was a pre-alpha build, and that optimization made on the game between now and its release could "lead to better performance".
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 06:05 am CDT
- Mass Effect wishlist: What we want to see in Mass Effect 5
- Mass Effect writer: BioWare's new games are based on market research
- New Mass Effect game in the works, but it's a long ways off
- BioWare: We have so many Mass Effect ideas and stories yet to tell
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- > NEXT STORY: Boost your app-making skills with Ruby on Rails training
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Sony will have 'more technical detail' on PS4 Pro soon