Pennsylvania, USA's current 6 percent sales tax has been extended to digital downloads and subscription services.
Among the services covered: Netflix, Hulu, Steam, Spotify, eBooks, apps, ringtones, and more. Meanwhile, digital magazine and newspaper subscriptions as well as digital versions of the Bible will be exempt from the tax.
The "use tax" will come into effect when a customer uses an account featuring a Pennsylvania address.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:14 am CDT
- Rockstar could be working GTA 6 and other games
- USA has the most CCTV cameras per person than anywhere in the world
- IMF's climate change solution: tax carbon at $75 per ton for 10 years
- Breakthrough battery design charges electric car in 10 min + 200 miles
- China trade tariffs won't directly raise PS5, Xbox Series X prices
- > NEXT STORY: Facebook updating news feed to reduce clickbait
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Possibility of Vanquish PC port looking good