Now that Nintendo has officially announced the NX will launch in March 2017, the company affirms that the NX won't replace the Wii U and 3DS.
"NX won't simply replace 3DS and Wii U" Nintendo President and CEO Tatsumi Kimishima said during the company's most recent earnings call. Kimishima reiterated that the NX is a "brand new concept", and suggests that the console will co-exist with current Nintendo hardware like the Wii U and 3DS. Consumers won't need to worry about their systems being phased out.
Sadly, Nintendo has confirmed that the NX won't be the focus for their E3 2016 showcase. Instead the company will focus on the new Zelda game, which has been pushed back to 2017 to see a simultaneous launch on Wii U and NX in 2017.
Here's everything we know about the Nintendo NX console so far:
- The NX is rumored to feature gaming at 900p 60FPS with 4K video support
- Devs claim the NX is incredibly easy to develop games for<
- The NX won't have a disc drive, games will be on cartridges
- The console will also have a portable Wii U-like controller that allows gaming on-the-go somewhat like a 3DS
- The NX will support Frostbite, Unreal Engine 4 and Unity
- Nintendo's new console will also interact with smartphones and PCs as well as existing Nintendo hardware like the Wii U and 3DS handheld
- >> NEXT STORY: Sky Tower for the HTC Vive lets you watch YouTube videos in the sky
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Zelda Wii U launches simultaneously on Wii U and NX in 2017
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de