Computer security company Trend Micro as well as Apple is advising those who have QuickTime installed on Windows machines to uninstall it immediately, as Apple has recently dropped support for it and it's host to two major security vulnerabilities. Mac OS X users need not do so.
QuickTime isn't exactly commonplace these days, but the software may have found its way onto your system upon plugging in an Apple device or installing Apple software, or through Adobe software. Better safe than sorry.
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Detroit: Become Human PC specs increased just before its release
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Ex-Xbox VP won't buy next-gen Xbox, will play exclusives on PC instead
- > NEXT STORY: Another Ghostbusters game coming out alongside the movie
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Elite: Dangerous' Engineers expansion flying into beta next month