With the performance-related issues surrounding Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, it's good to hear that the upcoming patch for the game will address at least some of the performance problems. The upcoming patch will have performance optimizations, Ambient Occlusion tweaks, and more. Here's the full list:
- Performance optimizations
- Refactor of texture settings to better reflect VRAM requirements and to better manage the texture levels for each setting.
- Ambient Occlusion tweaks.
- Tuned mouse coming out of roadie run.
- Disabled mouse smoothing.
As for what's coming in the future, The Coalition will be adding 21:9 support, NAT problems and more. We should expect these improvements in the coming weeks.
Textures not loading
This will be improved by the update next week. We'll continue to make improvements here where we can.
We are looking into why this is happening. While we work on discovering the root cause, we are discussing changes we can do to help matchmaking if you are erroneously given the wrong NAT type.
Our playlist change coming early next week should help with this.
We hear you and we are adding ultra-wide resolutions to the game.
Our update next week will disable mouse smoothing and increase the responsiveness coming out of roadie run. I'll continue to read the feedback after the update.
Achievements not unlocking
We're working on tracking down the reason this would happen.
- > NEXT STORY: J.J. Abrams says the Half-Life and Portal movies are still coming
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Serious Sam source code released