Now that the 10th annual QuakeCon is underway, there's a bit of coverage starting to surface on the net with the day 1 happenings. First of all, there's an official "Quake IV" movie gone live which GamersHell pointed out to us earlier, this a must-watch whether you were a previous Quake lover or not! Bjorn3D have also reported their attendance at the huge event, with full coverage from the first day for us.
Welcome one and all to Quakecon 2005 from the beautiful and enormous Gaylord Texan Convention Center and Hotel in Grapevine, TX. Well over 6,000 are expected to attend one of the largest LAN party and gaming expos in the world. I can tell you first hand that it is definitely quite the show once again this year.
Already several thousand people have packed themselves into what is basically a room the size of...oh....4 football fields. Monitors glow in every direction, and the gaming is in full effect. Oh yeah, and this lasts for the next three days too.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Evercool PT03-9232CP Cooler @ InsaneTek
- TTIC NPH-K8-2 Cooler @ Overclocker Cafe
- Sunbeamtech Pro Series Illuminated Keyboard @ BigBruin
- ATI readies RV530 and RV515 @ The Inquirer
- ASUS Extreme N7800GTX @ Digital-Daily
- Radeon X800XL 512Mb Roundup @ Digital-Daily
- LCOS will repalce Plasma? @ News.com
- NVIDIA Mulls General Purpose Processing on GPUs @ XBit Labs
- Thermaltake TWV500W 500W Power Supply @ InsaneTek
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit