Google is bringing self-driving cars to a third city starting later this month. The lucky destination: Kirkland, Washington.
The company said it chose it for experimentation in "different driving environments, traffic patterns, and road conditions" (Kirkland features lots of rain and hills).
Google has been testing self-driving cars in its home base of Mountain View, California since 2010; it expanded to Austin, Texas this past summer. In total, it has accumulated more than 1.4 million mileage with its program.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:56 pm CDT
- Hyundai makes $52 billion invesment into flying cars, electric cars
- Everything you need to know about the horrific Tesla 'Autopilot' crash
- Used Model S has Autopilot feature remotely disabled by Tesla
- Activision hires Google ecommerce, transaction pro as new president
- Nike's second-gen self-lacing shoes drop February 16 for $400
- > NEXT STORY: Updated AMD 16.1.1 driver released with Fallout 4 Crossfire fix
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Wanna play The Last of Us within Grand Theft Auto V?