Just in time for the beginning of the beta test for The Division, Ubisoft has released a list of all the known issues and bugs that plague the version of the game we'll be playing in the beta test. And quite frankly, it isn't so terrible, considering.
The known issues are relatively few and far between, though the slow loading textures and severe FPS drops if you use VSync seem to be the most relevant issues at the moment. Also keep in mind that NVIDIA users might experiene some visual graphics, even with the latest Game Ready driver specifically released for the beta.
But if you do run into any other issues, don't hesitate to submit a bug report so they can take an extensive look and make sure that this is fully fixed before its released. Unlike previous Ubisoft releases, this beta test is a step in a new direction towards releasing games with as few issues as possible. Full bug list is below.
- Capture cards - Players using Windows 10 will experience corrupted video signal output when using an external video capture card/device. Models affected: Atomos Assassin, Elgato Gaming HD60, Atomos Shogun and potentially more
- Textures - World textures may render very slowly after a player respawns
- VSync - Players using VSync will experience significant FPS drops [Workaround]: Don't use VSync
- Windowed/Borderless modes - FPS mays drop below 20 when the game is played in windowed or borderless mode [Workaround]: Use fullscreen to maximize FPS
- NVIDIA Graphics - Players may experience graphical corruptions and visual artifacts when using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Population - In instances where the Dark Zone is overly crowded in a small area, players may experience performance issues such as delayed damage or animation glitches
- Character selection - Players may experience graphical corruption around their character model in the character selection screen on resolutions higher than 1080p
- Saving Private O'Brian - The second wave of enemies does not always attack the player if he eliminated the first wave too fast Workaround]: Exiting the mission area and re-entering it will reset the mission
-PS4 & Xbox One
- Premium subscription - Players may become stuck in Dark Zone checkpoints if their premium console subscription expires while the player is inside the checkpoint
- Vibration option- Controller vibration option switches ON each time the player respawns
- Unable to shoot - Players may be unable to shoot or switch weapons after exiting Chelsea Pier [Workaround]: Restarting the game should fix the issue
- GPS - The GPS in the World Map may send the player to dead ends or through areas outside the Beta map area
- Languages - After installing the game in any other language than English, the game will still launch in English the first time [Workaround]: Select your language in the language selection screen on first launch of the game
Bugs & Glitches
- Proximity Voice Chat - Players may experience problems when communicating with Proximity Voice Chat in the Dark Zone such as poor audio quality or temporary interruptions [Workaround]: Proximity chat is currently limited to 8 players at a time
- Falling through map - Players will fall through the map when joining another user that is watching the Intro Cinematic [Workaround]: The player will be teleported back to his checkpoint once exiting the playable map volume
- Action - Ubisoft Club Beta Action may not unlock when the user created a Uplay account in the same play session [Workaround]: Relogging should fix this issue
- > NEXT STORY: The Witness might be beautiful, but it's making some gamers nauseous
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Xbox Live Games With Gold for February announced