Technology and gaming content trusted in North America and globally since 1999
8,608 Reviews & Articles | 60,892 News Posts

AMD's full-year financials for 2015 show 28% decline in revenue

AMD reports a 28% decline in revenue for 2016, with a 10% loss for Q4 2015

Anthony Garreffa | Jan 19, 2016 at 7:36 pm CST (1 min, 2 secs time to read)

Last year one of our biggest stories was the discrete GPU market share numbers, with NVIDIA dominating, taking in a huge 82% of the market - leaving AMD with only 18%.

AMD's full-year financials for 2015 show 28% decline in revenue | TweakTown.com

Well, now we have AMD's full-year financials to look at, with the company reporting a 28% decline in revenue for 2015. AMD reported revenues of $3.99 billion for the year, down from $5.5 billion in 2014. In Q4 2015, AMD saw a 10% decline in revenue compared to Q3, with $958 million compared to $1.06 billion in the previous three-month period.

If we look at the performance of AMD's separate businesses, the computing and graphics part of AMD saw an 11% increase in Q4, with revenues of $470 million. AMD shipped considerable numbers of high-end notebook processors, especially their Carrizo-based APUs and FX processors. The enterprise, embedded and semi-custom side of AMD didn't do well, with $488 million in revenue, and a 23% decline compared to the previous quarter.

Looking into 2016, AMD recently split its GPU division into Radeon Technologies Group. We should see RTG unleash next-gen GPUs in June, which should increase not only their market share, but revenues and profits throughout the year.

Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 04:57 pm CDT

NEWS SOURCE:wccftech.com
Anthony Garreffa

ABOUT THE AUTHOR - Anthony Garreffa

Anthony is a long time PC enthusiast with a passion of hate for games built around consoles. FPS gaming since the pre-Quake days, where you were insulted if you used a mouse to aim, he has been addicted to gaming and hardware ever since. Working in IT retail for 10 years gave him great experience with custom-built PCs. His addiction to GPU tech is unwavering.

Related Tags