A couple of new multimedia keyboard products were released by Microsoft today, namely their "Wireless Optical Desktop 5000" package which also includes a wireless mouse, and the "Remote Keyboard for WinXP Media Center Edition" which would be ideally useful in a loungeroom HTPC setup.
For the full scoop, head over to Microsoft's website where the official press release resides.
REDMOND, Wash. -- July 12, 2005 -- Microsoft Corp. today announced that it will unveil two new hardware devices with innovative, easy-to-use features and sophisticated designs that will make accessing PC entertainment more enjoyable. The devices are an expression of Microsoft's continuing commitment to enhancing consumers' digital experiences anywhere.
Microsoft Hardware has developed the first three-in-one control center for a Windows® XP-based Media Center PC with remote, keyboard and mouse capabilities in one sleek device, designed exclusively for the living room. For digital camera owners, Microsoft will also introduce a mouse, keyboard and digital image software suite for everyday use that turns any desktop into a virtual darkroom.
"We create hardware for how and where people use their PC," said Tom Gibbons, general manager of the Hardware Group at Microsoft. "With this in mind, we designed two new devices to enhance the digital entertainment activities people are now enjoying, such as playing movies on their Media Center and editing digital photos."
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- PDP Systems Patriot PC3200 XBLK @ Viperlair
- Sunbeamtech Tuniq Tower 120 CPU Cooler @ BigBruin
- 9 external racks 3\"5 USB 2.0 @ CowCotLand
- SanDisk intros 512 MByte micro SD card @ 3DXtreme
- Intel D 820 Dual Core Processor @ DriverHeaven
- AMD Athlon64 X2 Processor Roundup @ GamePC
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ninja Theory may be making live service game
- Diablo 4 probably won't be revealed at BlizzCon 2018
- Pornhub traffic hardens when YouTube went limp during crash
- Darksiders III will be around 15+ of gameplay, HDR supported
- Rocket League to go 4K/60FPS on Xbox One X, likely crossplay
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam