A couple of new multimedia keyboard products were released by Microsoft today, namely their "Wireless Optical Desktop 5000" package which also includes a wireless mouse, and the "Remote Keyboard for WinXP Media Center Edition" which would be ideally useful in a loungeroom HTPC setup.
For the full scoop, head over to Microsoft's website where the official press release resides.
REDMOND, Wash. -- July 12, 2005 -- Microsoft Corp. today announced that it will unveil two new hardware devices with innovative, easy-to-use features and sophisticated designs that will make accessing PC entertainment more enjoyable. The devices are an expression of Microsoft's continuing commitment to enhancing consumers' digital experiences anywhere.
Microsoft Hardware has developed the first three-in-one control center for a Windows® XP-based Media Center PC with remote, keyboard and mouse capabilities in one sleek device, designed exclusively for the living room. For digital camera owners, Microsoft will also introduce a mouse, keyboard and digital image software suite for everyday use that turns any desktop into a virtual darkroom.
"We create hardware for how and where people use their PC," said Tom Gibbons, general manager of the Hardware Group at Microsoft. "With this in mind, we designed two new devices to enhance the digital entertainment activities people are now enjoying, such as playing movies on their Media Center and editing digital photos."
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- PDP Systems Patriot PC3200 XBLK @ Viperlair
- Sunbeamtech Tuniq Tower 120 CPU Cooler @ BigBruin
- 9 external racks 3\"5 USB 2.0 @ CowCotLand
- SanDisk intros 512 MByte micro SD card @ 3DXtreme
- Intel D 820 Dual Core Processor @ DriverHeaven
- AMD Athlon64 X2 Processor Roundup @ GamePC
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Core i9-7980XE benched: super-fast, but costs $1999
- Custom Radeon RX Vega cards not coming until November
- Oclean One: the world's smartest electric toothbrush
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower