A couple of new multimedia keyboard products were released by Microsoft today, namely their "Wireless Optical Desktop 5000" package which also includes a wireless mouse, and the "Remote Keyboard for WinXP Media Center Edition" which would be ideally useful in a loungeroom HTPC setup.
For the full scoop, head over to Microsoft's website where the official press release resides.
REDMOND, Wash. -- July 12, 2005 -- Microsoft Corp. today announced that it will unveil two new hardware devices with innovative, easy-to-use features and sophisticated designs that will make accessing PC entertainment more enjoyable. The devices are an expression of Microsoft's continuing commitment to enhancing consumers' digital experiences anywhere.
Microsoft Hardware has developed the first three-in-one control center for a Windows® XP-based Media Center PC with remote, keyboard and mouse capabilities in one sleek device, designed exclusively for the living room. For digital camera owners, Microsoft will also introduce a mouse, keyboard and digital image software suite for everyday use that turns any desktop into a virtual darkroom.
"We create hardware for how and where people use their PC," said Tom Gibbons, general manager of the Hardware Group at Microsoft. "With this in mind, we designed two new devices to enhance the digital entertainment activities people are now enjoying, such as playing movies on their Media Center and editing digital photos."
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- PDP Systems Patriot PC3200 XBLK @ Viperlair
- Sunbeamtech Tuniq Tower 120 CPU Cooler @ BigBruin
- 9 external racks 3\"5 USB 2.0 @ CowCotLand
- SanDisk intros 512 MByte micro SD card @ 3DXtreme
- Intel D 820 Dual Core Processor @ DriverHeaven
- AMD Athlon64 X2 Processor Roundup @ GamePC
Latest News Posts
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- Battlefield V battle royale mode Firestorm is now live
- ASUS installs malware onto tens of thousands of PCs
- Network Next boss teases reducing latency by 20-30ms
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Back to Bed arrives to Nintendo Switch April 11th!
- First Look at Stefanie Joosten as Sooma
- Warframe Approaches 50 million Player Mark At Sixth-Year Anniversary
- KILL la KILL - IF leads the pack of a whole slew of new Arc America info!
- Ubisoft Announces The Final Details Of The Just Dance World Cup 2019