- Hitachi's Deskstar T7K250 hard drive
Here's a tasty morcil for all you storage freaks out there. The Tech Report have scored Hitachi's latest Deskstar T7K250 hard drive for review which has a maximum external transfer rate of 300MB/sec (SATA II goodness!). Native command queuing is also resident on this model, making it a tough contender against the competition. If you're looking for a drive with plenty of space and terrific performance, be sure to check out this review.
HITACHI GLOBAL STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES was the first manufacturer to announce hard drives supporting the new 300MB/s Serial ATA interface, but there's more to Hitachi's new Deskstar T7K250 drives than a faster interface speed. For starters, the latest Deskstar rolls with 125GB platters that are more than 50% denser than the company's older 80GB platters. This drive is also the first from Hitachi to support Native Command Queuing.
We've rounded up a collection of drives from Maxtor, Seagate, and Western Digital to find out how the T7K250 stacks up against the competition. We've also tested the new Deskstar's 300MB/s transfer rates to see where-or whether-they may have an impact on performance.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Logitech diNovo Media Desktop @ Cooltechzone
- Thermalright XP-90C Heatsink @ Viperlair
- MediaGear SongBank @ GeekExtreme
- First Look: Rio Forge Sport MP3 Player @ Cooltechzone
- Inside the Xbox 360, part I: procedural synthesis and dynamic worlds @ Arstechnica
- PQI Plans DDR2 at Speeds Higher than 1000MHz @ Cooltechzone