The first beta patch for Fallout 4 has been released on Steam. Numbered version 1.2.33, it allows you to map number pad keys, ensures Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container, saves the God Rays setting properly, fixes a few bugs, and perhaps most importantly, includes "general memory and stability improvements."
Below are the instructions for accessing the patch. Bethesda advises you to back up your save games before doing any of it, given this is a beta program.
To get the beta, you need to do the following:
1. Log into Steam
2. Right Click on Fallout 4 in your Library
3. Select Settings
4. Select Betas
5. A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta Update
6. Select OK.
7. Wait a few minutes and Fallout 4 should update.
8. When done, Fallout 4 should appear as Fallout 4 [beta] in your Library
If you decide you don't want to run the Beta anymore, redo steps 1 - 4. At the drop down, select NONE - Opt out of all beta programs.
- > NEXT STORY: Star Wars: Battlefront is more popular on PS4 than Xbox One and PC
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Just Cause 3 on PC supports NVIDIA GameWorks