With all the talk of Intel's next generation Xeon processors featuring an insane 44 threads of pure CPU power, Tyan is teasing the latest it has to offer in the High Performance Computing (HPC) sector.
Tyan highlights its latest HPC optimized 1U/2U/4U server platforms that support Intel's latest Xeon E7-4800 v3 and E5-3600 v3 product families, with Tyan's latest offering for the HPC community being the 4-socket FT76-B7922. Tyan's new FT76-B7922 supports 4 x Intel Xeon E7-8800/-4800 v3 processors, an insane 96 x DDR4 DIMMs, up to 4 x Intel Phi coprocessors, and 8x 2.5-inch SAS 12Gbps HDDs or SSDs in the 4U chassis.
Tyan was also showing off much more hardware at SC15, with other GPGPU systems like the FT77C-B7079 supporting 2 x Intel Xeon processors (of the Haswell-EP family), 8 x Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor modules, 24 x DDR4 DIMMs, and more. The TA80-B7071 supports 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 processors, 4 x Intel Xeon Phi coprocessors, 16 x DDR4 DIMMs, and more. Tyan is also displaying plenty of SMB and datacenter/cloud application systems at SC15.
- G.SKILL releases monster 32GB DIMMs and respective insane memory kits
- G.SKILL's new 256GB DDR4 RAM kits for new Threadripper, Core-X CPUs
- Intel's next-gen 38C/76T and 48C/96T chips coming in 2020
- Micron is now sampling next-gen DDR5 RAM: has 85% more memory perf
- Save Outlook: Five Ways to Recover Email from Error 0x8004010F
- > NEXT STORY: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 patch for PC improves performance, and more
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Battle the Five Armies to win yourself a 'Hobbit' Blu-ray boxset!