Those preview builds we've been reporting on in recent weeks will roll out to the public in early November, Microsoft says.
Among the changes and additions:
- darker title bars
- smaller context menus for mouse usage
- improved Media Creation Tool
- Cortana improvements (including text from PC)
- Edge improvements (Tab Preview and Favourites and Reading list items syncing, among others)
- extra column of live tiles on the Start menu
- native Skype calling and messaging
These were all intended to make it into the launch version of Windows 10, so when the update hits, you can rest easy knowing you have the version of of the operating system its designers wanted you to have.