Last week we reported YouTube's subscription service would likely launch today. Turns out it'll be next week (October 28), but we were right about pricing, which is $9.99/mo.
The service is named YouTube Red, and is ad-free. Here's what you get with it:
- video saving for offline viewing
- background play option
- availability on any amount of devices
- support for YouTube Gaming app, YouTube Kids app, upcoming YouTube Music app
- exclusive original shows and movies from YouTuber creators starting early 2016
Red will be available to US viewers only to start, but support for more countries will come "soon" (tm). A free trial will be on offer at launch. While you wait, you can check out the website here.
- > NEXT STORY: Sony reduces the price of the PlayStation 4 globally
- < PREVIOUS STORY: New PC footage of cancelled Battlefront 3 game surfaces