- ABIT - Take On The World at ACON5
After their huge success with the ACON4 gaming event last year, ABIT are set to kick off another as they announce today their plans for the "ACON5" global gaming event which will be held throughout 150 cities worldwide. All avid gamers should be putting some strong focus into this as not only will the event cover more locations across the world, but there's some even bigger and better prizes up for grabs. Full details on launch dates, locations, and other relevant info is yet to be disclosed at the official ACON5 website, so be sure to keep checking back for more info as it comes in during the next few weeks.
March 7, 2005 - ABIT, along with Intel, ATI, LG, and Corsair, are pleased to announce the launch of the ACON5 Global Gaming Event. Held in over 20 countries and territories, ACON5 invites avid gamers from 150 cities across the globe to one of the world's largest, most exciting gaming tournaments.
"With thousands of gamers taking part last year, ACON4 was a major success," notes ABIT Gaming Brand Manager Lester Lau. "This year with more locations, bigger prizes, and the addition of a new game, ACON5 promises to be the best one yet."
Throughout 20 different countries and territories worldwide, avid gamers will participate in the ACON5 Qualifiers. During each qualifying event, the winners win the right to represent their region at the ACON5 Finals. From there, the winners will be flown, all expenses paid, to the ACON5 Global Finals located in a yet undisclosed exotic location. Last year, Warcraft III: Frozen Throne was chosen to be the official game. For ACON5, organizers have added Counter-Strike, the world's number one online game.
- Bench'emAll! version 2.645
We've just been informed of a fresh update to the popular benchmarking interface "Bench'emAll!" which adds new game support for The Chronicles of Riddick and introduces a few other bug fixes and enhancements of which you can read about in the below comments. Grab your updated copy here folks.
Dont forget to head over to the official forums if you have any issues to bring up or would simply like to share your results with others.
New version of Bench'emAll software is ready now!
It is 2.645 with new game suport added and some minor updates:
- Added "The Chronicles Of Riddick - EFBB" game support.
- Fixed startup fails on Athlon64.
- Added autoswitch to offline mode for Half-Life 2 if no internet connection was found.
- Minor gui changes.
- Protection system updated.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Good Fortune Editorial @ Futurelooks
- Ultra Wizard w/ UV Side Panel @ Techgage
- Koolance VID-NV2-L06 GPU Cooler @ System Cooling
- Albatron Trinity PC6600GT PCI-E @ ClubOC
- Silentium T2 Case @ Creative Mods
- XTrac Hybrid computer mouse mat @ A1-Electronics
- The Future of Video Games @ The TechZone