- Crucial 'Icebox' giveaway reminder
Crucial have just reminded us of their 'Icebox' giveaway contest which is due to close at the end of this week. If you'd like to try and get your mits on one of two custom blue acrylic desktop cases, plus TWO sticks of 1GB Ballistix Tracer DDR2 memory, then go and enter whilst you still can!
Don't get left out in the cold on your chance to be a winner in Crucial's'Icebox' Cool Case Giveaway! This is the last week to enter to win one of two packages that each includes a custom blue acrylic desktop case, plus TWO sticks of 1GB Ballistix(TM) Tracer(TM) DDR2 memory.
To enter, complete the entry form at https://www.crucial.com/gamer. Sweepstakes ends February 28, 2005. TWO randomly selected winners will be announced on March 8, 2005. Good luck!
- VIA Ships 100 Millionth Chipset for AMD Platform
VIA have reached a huge milestone today, shipping out their 100 millionth motherboard chipset for AMD which is based on their latest K8T890 platform. Full details in the supporting PR.
Taipei, Taiwan, 23 February 2005 - VIA Technologies, Inc, the leading supplier of core-logic chipsets for AMD (NYSE: AMD) processor platforms, today announced the unique achievement of 100 million core-logic chipsets for AMD Athlon processors. The 100 millionth chipset, a VIA K8T890, will be presented to AMD by VIA President and CEO Wenchi Chen at a ceremony to be held in San Francisco on Thursday 24th February.
The VIA K8T890 is an advanced PCI Express chipset for the very latest AMD64 processors with support for a 1GHz/16-bit HyperTransport technology bus and a multi-peripheral PCI Express implementation, representing the foundation stone for the next hundred million chipset milestone. Offering a comprehensive range of chipsets covering all market segments, including desktop, mobile, workstation and server, VIA is well positioned to continue to drive the advancement of the AMD platform market.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- AMD Cool'n'Quiet How-To @ EnvyNews
- Intel Pentium4 3.73GHz EE @ TBreak
- Dell No Longer Plans to Use AMD Processors - CEO @ XBit Labs
- Apple iPod+ HP 20GB @ ByteSector
- Danger Den RBX Waterblock @ OCModshop
- Systemcooling's Coolest of 2004 @ System Cooling
- Handy Recovery 2.0 Undeletion and Data Recovery Software @ PCStats
- 1GB & 2GB ATP Secure Digital SD Memory Cards @ ExtremeOverclocking