- CATALYST 5.2 Drivers Out
ATI have passed the word around today that their latest official CATALYST 5.2 drivers are now up for grabs. As to be expected, a bunch of stability/bug fixes have been implemented (check out the release notes), along with an updated systray for CONTROL CENTER so you dont have to wait 5 minutes for the main panel to load in order to change the most basic settings. Several performance tweaks have also been made for newer cards, further details in the comments below.
Rage3D have compared the new 5.2's to previous drivers for those of you wondering if it's worth your while updating.
The CATALYST Software Suite 5.2 introduces 3D setting options to the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER system tray. The shortcut allows the user to easily adjust their 3D settings without having to load the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER.
· Efficiency improvements in vertex processing have produced performance enhancements in key applications such as Far Cry and 3DMark05 on RADEON X850, X800 and X700 series products
· Far Cry "Regulator" and "Volcano" scores are up as much as 20% on RADEON X800 PRO at 1600x1200 resolution
· 3DMark05 gains range from 1-3% on RADEON X800 series products to as much as 9% on some RADEON X700 configurations
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Networking Basics - A Beginner's Guide @ The TechZone
- The Mac Mini: A Step Towards the Appliance PC Future @ DesignTechnica
- Shuttle SB95V2 SFF PC, small, quiet and powerful? @ Hardware Analysis
- Mushkin DDR2 PC2-4200 CL3-2-2 1GB Kit @ MVKTech
- Are Samsung TCCD IC's Dead? @ LegitReviews
- PrimeCooler HyperCool 4+ air cooler universal heatsink @ A1-Electronics
- Asetek's VapoChill XE-II @ Hexus