The newly created video game hall of fame in New York's The Strong museum in the US has inducted Pong, Super Mario, Pac-Man, Tetris and World of Warcraft in it's inauguration, according to The Guardian.
The collection of game titles were apparently chosen based on their role in kick off, solidifying and expanding the world of video and computer games and were "recommended by a panel of judges made up of journalists, scholars and other experts on the history and impact of video games". While we didn't get the invite, the museum are now taking nominations for the 2016 round which can be lodged online so join us in our attempt to get the infamous E.T. video game nominated. Just kidding.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- Super Mario Legos let you create your own interactive game stages
- Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy, and new Paper Mario coming to Switch
- Nintendo teams up with Levi's for Super Mario jackets and jeans
- Blizzard apologizes for Warcraft 3: Reforged, pledges to fix game
- Mario's personality will change, Nintendo plans to usurp Mickey Mouse
- > NEXT STORY: PowerColor shows off its Devil 13 card with two Radeon R9 290X GPUs
- < PREVIOUS STORY: GIGABYTE shows a new focus towards IoT solutions