For all you folks with VIA based motherboards, the latest Hyperion 4in1 chipset drivers have just been released, bringing them up to v4.55. One thing to note, If you're still making use of chipsets older than KT400 it's advised to stick with what you've got, the optimizations and bug fixes are naturally focused primarily on more recent KT4##, K8T### and P4X4## chipsets. Compared to the previous 4.53 4in1's you can view the changes below :-
- This driver will not update the AGP driver if the system is running WinXP SP2, in line with Microsoft's recommendations concerning AGP drivers.
- The IDE Miniport driver is updated to v3.24 under Windows NT4.0
- The VIA Machine INF driver(commonly called the ID file) is updated to 2.30, which adds support for the upcoming PT894 and P4M800 chipsets and the VT8251 South Bridge.
- >> NEXT STORY: Daily News Round #1 for November 26, 2004
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Thursday Evening Roundup for November 25, 2004