- ABIT KV8 Pro-3rd Eye
Looking out for an affordable yet reliable platform to base your S754 Athlon64 upgrade off? According to the guys at Viperlair, ABIT's KV8 Pro 3rd eye motherboard certainly falls into this catagory, offering all the necessities along with good overclocking and stability to boot. Also included is ABIT's µGuru Clock which is a nice little added feature within their 3rd eye range.
While the VIA K8T800 was a strong chipset for the Athlon 64 platform, it was hampered by one glaring problem... a non-working AGP/PCI lock. This issue was addressed by VIA K8T800 Pro, as well as adding support for a 1GHz HyperTransport bus. While Socket 939 motherboards grab most of the spotlight, the Socket 754 is a great budget alternative, and to capitalize on this, ABIT released their latest Socket 754 based on VIA's latest chipset. As we'll soon see, the ABIT KV8 Pro-3rd Eye brings a lot to the table for a reasonable price.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Thermaltake Big Water 12cm Liquid Cooling System @ BigBruin
- Malware: what it is and how to prevent it @ Arstechnica
- DangerDen D4 Pump and HDPE Bay Reservoir @ Gruntville
- Logisys SP6001BK 2.1 Speaker System @ Mikhailtech
- Samsung SyncMaster 710N LCD Monitor @ Techtastic
- Beginners Guide to OverClocking @ OCIA
- Thermaltake Circlefire Multi-Media Drive Bay @ TweakNews
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Division movie secures John Wick, Deadpool 2 director
- Microsoft seeks engineers for next-gen Xbox, teases GDDR6
- Fortnite developer: no rush to make new Battle Royale maps
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit