With thanks to "Ruined", a member of the nvnews forums, he's spent some time posting up a guide which explains how to go about enabling a feature by the name of High Dynamic Range (or "HDR" in short) lighting which is included within the latest 1.3 patch for FarCry (released just yesterday). The trickyness in enabling it is due to the fact that it's covering new ground as an 'unsupported beta' feature at this stage.
If you're wanting to know how it affects the visual experience of the game, you'll be glad to know the guide also includes a mass of before and after screenshots showing off it's effects. Unfortunately there's a couple of letdowns, the biggest being that only the GeForce6 family of graphics cards currently have the ability to make use of it at this stage. Second of all, lovers of antialiasing will be dissapointed to make note of the fact that AA must be completely disabled for OpenEXR HDR lighting to work.
HOW TO ENABLE HDR
Nvidia GeForce 6 card
DirectX 9.0C (included in SP2)
Nvidia 61.77 or later drivers
FarCry 1.3 patch
1. Set all Graphic settings to "Very High."
2. Anti-Aliasing must be disabled.
3. Add:"r_hdrrendering 7" "e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio 100.000000" "r_TexNormalMapCompressed 1" with the quotes to your farcry shortcut. For example:
"C:\Program Files\FarCry\Bin32\FarCry.exe" "r_hdrrendering 7" "e_vegetation_sprites_distance_ratio 100.000000" "r_TexNormalMapCompressed 1"
4. I recommend lowering your resolution to 1280x1024 or 1024x768 depening on CPU & GPU core speed. 1280x1024 is more appropriate for high speed athlon 64 CPUs with 6800U (or 6800GT @ 6800U) while 1024x768 works better for lower end P4 CPUs with 6800GT @ stock speeds.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia, a Mierce comeback
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze trailer, meet the Kongs
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit