Famous for being the largest bring your own PC (BYOPC) LAN party in the world, DreamHack has also shown their might in the eSports realm over the past few years - hosting numerous large scale tournaments for games like Starcraft II and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Fortunately for FPS-lovers "DreamHack decided to make CS:GO its main title for 2015" as mentioned by HLTV.org thus this massive organization has just announced that they will pony up a total of $280,000 across all Open events held this year.
There's still the possibility that DreamHack's Winter event will hold host to a $250,000 tournament as a stand-alone, however a base of $280,000 is certainly a great starting point with this figure being split up between seven $40,000 events in total.
As according to HLTV.org, these events are:
- DreamHack Tours - May 9-10 (May 8 BYOC Qualifier)
- DreamHack Summer - June 15-16 (June 14 BYOC Qualifier)
- DreamHack Valencia - July 17-18 (July 16 BYOC Qualifier)
- DreamHack Stockholm - September 25-26 (No BYOC Qualifier)
- DreamHack London - TBA
- DreamHack Cluj - October 31-November 1 (No BYOC Qualifier)
- DreamHack Winter - November 26-28
- >> NEXT STORY: HERE maps reaches iOS and offers offline map navigation
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Miss the memo? Cards Against Humanity now has a free browser edition!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de