Famous for being the largest bring your own PC (BYOPC) LAN party in the world, DreamHack has also shown their might in the eSports realm over the past few years - hosting numerous large scale tournaments for games like Starcraft II and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Fortunately for FPS-lovers "DreamHack decided to make CS:GO its main title for 2015" as mentioned by HLTV.org thus this massive organization has just announced that they will pony up a total of $280,000 across all Open events held this year.
There's still the possibility that DreamHack's Winter event will hold host to a $250,000 tournament as a stand-alone, however a base of $280,000 is certainly a great starting point with this figure being split up between seven $40,000 events in total.
As according to HLTV.org, these events are:
- DreamHack Tours - May 9-10 (May 8 BYOC Qualifier)
- DreamHack Summer - June 15-16 (June 14 BYOC Qualifier)
- DreamHack Valencia - July 17-18 (July 16 BYOC Qualifier)
- DreamHack Stockholm - September 25-26 (No BYOC Qualifier)
- DreamHack London - TBA
- DreamHack Cluj - October 31-November 1 (No BYOC Qualifier)
- DreamHack Winter - November 26-28
- > NEXT STORY: Project Cars delayed yet again, from April to May
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Naughty Dog delays Uncharted 4 to Q2 2016