There doesn't seem to be a 'special reason' for this coin release, no specific anniversary or anything comes to mind - however do we really need one? The Perth Mint will be releasing this 99 percent pure silver coin to the public, embedded with either the original Enterprise or William Shatner as James Kirk.
Printed as $1 in Aussie currency, it's unlikely you'll head down to the local shops and buy yourself a Mars Bar with the coin however. Unfortunately there is currently no price listed on the official website but Gizmodo explains that these collectables will generally set you back around $100 AUD - you can find out for yourself when it goes live in 1.5 hours time (9am local time).
Complete with fancy packaging and all, these coins are almost a must-have for any Star Trek fanatic - but you must be quick, this offer is limited to 1500 combined sets and 5000 singular coins.
- EA cancels new open-world Star Wars Battlefront game from EA Vancouver
- Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos get deepfaked into Star Trek
- EA's next Star Wars game will be 'very unique,' could it have co-op?
- Will Disney's new CEO renew EA's Star Wars game license?
- Jedi: Fallen Order 2 may release by 2021 on next-gen consoles
- > NEXT STORY: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' grosses massive $240m haul in under a week
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Payments could one day be cashless and cardless, but will take time