Titanfall 2 from Electronic Arts and Respawn could be available for the Sony PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Xbox one game consoles, according to recent reports. The original Titanfall game was only available for the Xbox One and PC - but releasing the sequel to the PS4, which has easily outsold the Xbox One, opens the door to a larger market of console gamers.
"Last year it was on the Xbox only; in the future, we haven't yet announced, but we'll probably have another Titanfall game," said Blake Jorgensen, CFO of Electronic Arts, speaking at the 2015 Technology, Internet & Media Conference. "It will probably be a bigger footprint than just a single platform. I think that's a huge positive for us."
Microsoft was hoping the first Titanfall to be a major blockbuster, and while it sold fairly well, many gamers were still left disappointed - and Microsoft reportedly won't open up the checkbook to make an Xbox One console exclusive again.
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Coronavirus may delay PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X launch past 2020
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- > NEXT STORY: A 15 year old kid just won a $3,000,000 Dota2 tournament
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Companies should focus on neutralizing hackers once they are inside