Moneyhorse, the developer of the Glorious Leader! 2D video game featuring Kim Jong-un from North Korea, was hacked and its Kickstarter campaign page was deleted. The game title collected $16,816 of its hopeful $55,000 goal - not likely to reach the anticipated goal - with mistakes made during its Kickstarter campaign.
The game developer doesn't think the Guardians of Peace (GOP) hacker group played a role in the breach, but admitted it is reevaluating its decision to move forward with the title.
"The hackers destroyed data pertaining to Glorious Leader! And other projects we had in development and locked us out of our own computers and website," according to a Moneyhorse update. "The timing couldn't have been worse as it hampered our ability to attend to the Kickstarter project."
Last updated: Jan 25, 2015 at 12:00 am CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- Kim Kardashian stars in the strangest and most awkward Facebook ad yet
- Bitcoin helps track down a massive pedophile ring
- Jeff Bezos' phone hack might've let the Saudi's eavesdrop for months
- Here's the full report on Jeff Bezos' phone being hacked & who did it
- > NEXT STORY: UCSF Medical Center using robots to help conduct hospital activities
- < PREVIOUS STORY: NASA uses CPU from the original PlayStation in a probe sent to Pluto