Toshiba have just announced their release of the MQ03ABB300 to the market, the industry's first 2.5-inch HDD to achieve 750GB per platter - using a total of 4 platters to achieve 3TB total storage.
Using perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR) technology, this advancement by Toshiba is a great data-storage addition to any traveling laptop, especially if you plan to use this device as your main system. Other options include form-factor computer system implementation, NAS storage or small portable HDD functions.
Set as an upgrade to their 4-platter 2TB MQ01ABB200 drive, this 3TB option provides the same low energy consumption values but with 50 percent more storage space.
Shipping in May 2015, there is no currently listed retail price.
- PlayStation 5 cartridge renders give me next-gen nostalgia
- Toshiba's new PC algorithm is 10x faster than laser quantum computers
- Incredible image of Milky Way Galaxy taken at 'world's largest mirror'
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Xbox Series X enhanced games aren't compatible with HDDs
- > NEXT STORY: AMD is ready to unleash FreeSync monitors, in all shapes and sizes
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Corsair continues to impress, with some great products at CES 2015