Storage Visions 2015 -Chris Bross from DriveSavers stopped by the TweakTown booth to discuss the latest in data recovery technology. Increasing HDD capacity presents numerous problems, both with storing data and with recovering it. We also recently had the opprutunity to tour DriveSavers labs, and covered the data recovery process in our DriveSavers Data Recovery Site Tour - Your Data, Recovered article.
New drive technologies, such as helium drives and SMR (Shingled Magnetic Recovery), add another layer of complexity that DriveSavers has to master to continue to offer data recovery services. New types of software layers and filesystems also present more hurdles, but DriveSavers maintains close contact with all storage vendors to enhance their data recovery services.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- Save Outlook: Five Ways to Recover Email from Error 0x8004010F
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- Nintendo sends mixed messages on Animal Crossing Switch save recovery
- Self-driving cars are 25% better at predicting an idiot driver's move
- NASA has opened up a flawless extraterrestrial Moon rock from 1972
- > NEXT STORY: Defector: North Korea's Bureau 121 actually located in Shenyang, China
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Zac Woods from TRENDnet briefs us on their latest router products