- 925x Motherboard Shootout
Another shootout goes up today, this time over at Hardcoreware. They check out several motherboards based on Intel's new LGA775 flagship chipset, the i925x. Boards thrown onto the table are Abit's AA8 DuraMAX, Foxconn's 925XA01, Gigabyte's GA-8ANXP-D and last but most certainly not least, DFI's Lanparty 925x-T2. The 21 page shootout covers plenty of wholesome info well worthy of absorbing before you rush out and pick up the first i925x board you see.
It has been over 70 days since we first reviewed the 925x platform from Intel. This new platform marks one of the biggest leaps in technologies for Intel; they changed not only the chipset itself, but introduced several key technologies that will replace what you most likely have in your system now. If you're not familiar with all of this, I recommend you read our first report on the subject.
For the rest of you, you may have been wondering where all the boards have been. In over 2 months, only a handful of boards are appearing in stores. Well you may recall the problems Intel had with the ICH6/6R chipsets, forcing them to recall chips. This is what caused most of the delay. I was expecting to see all the boards right away, since most manufacturers were showing off what looked like fully working 925 and 915 boards at Computex, weeks before Intel officially announced them! And if you look closely, you'll see some 925 boards being manufactured right before your eyes in our Gigabyte Factory Tour.
- Articles and Reviews from around the Web
- Evesham Axis 35/939 Gaming PC @ Trusted Reviews
- Seasonic Super Silencer SS-400AGX @ Phoronix
- Four Mainboards based on Intel 915/925 @ Digit-Life
- X800 Pro To X800 XT PE Mod @ Raptor Mods
- Sapphire X800 XT Platinum Edition @ The TechZone
- No News on GeForce 6800 Vertex Pipelines @ XBit Labs
- GeForce FX and DirectX 9 Half-Life 2 Performance @ Firing Squad
- Turtle Beach Unveils Catalina Sound Card @ ExtremeTech