Named the Al Noor Tower, this Sauron tower look-alike is to be constructed in Africa and will be identical to one already placed in Casablanca, Morocco.
Planned be the tallest building in Africa, this 1771-foot project is taken on board by Sheikh Tarek M. bin Laden and designed by French architects Valode et Pistre. Although not officially listed as a Sauron-replica and obviously missing the massive firery eye at its peak, this tower sure does look similar.
Soil testing is said to begin in 2015 before construction, so don't expect it any time too soon. However, if you start seeing short people with hairy feet walking around the African streets, you know why.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 08:47 pm CDT
- Amazon's Lord of the Rings TV show urgently needs people to play orcs
- Lord of the Rings TV show casts Maxim Baldry for 'significant' role
- Ned Stark from Game of Thrones will be Amazon's LOTR TV show star
- Amazon LOTR TV show writer asks public to stop sending audition tapes
- Lord of the Rings TV show stunt actor endures head gash while on set
- > NEXT STORY: The Year-in-Review feature by Facebook is under fire
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Panasonic behind all green sustainable smart city Fujisawa