Technology and gaming content trusted in North America and globally since 1999
8,615 Reviews & Articles | 61,012 News Posts

LG G3 owner has phone explode, burns a hole in her bed

An LG G3 owner has had her phone catch fire, setting her bed on fire

Anthony Garreffa | Dec 25, 2014 at 2:37 am CST (0 mins, 58 secs time to read)

One LG G3 owner isn't very happy just before the holidays, as her G3 smartphone had its battery explode, setting her bed on fire. Reddit user 's-blade' posted some pictures of her charred G3 onto Reddit, with quite the crazy story accompanying it.

LG G3 owner has phone explode, burns a hole in her bed | TweakTown.com

She said "[My little sister] was awake in her bedroom, we were annoying her to start getting ready for the morning when she was suddenly crying out that her phone exploded and we turned around to see tons of smoke coming from inside her room". The G3 owner continued "It was literally right beside her. We did have the fire extinguisher handy, but when the battery continued to burn through the mattress, we were forced to toss the mattress out the window."

As you can see from the picture above, there's a collage of images that show just had hot the G3 must have gotten to burn a hole deep into the mattress. As you can see in the last photo, the G3 is just a pile of ash right now. Let's hope LG steps up and offers the poor woman a new G3, and well, a new mattress, too.

Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 08:47 pm CDT

NEWS SOURCE:bgr.com
Anthony Garreffa

ABOUT THE AUTHOR - Anthony Garreffa

Anthony is a long time PC enthusiast with a passion of hate for games built around consoles. FPS gaming since the pre-Quake days, where you were insulted if you used a mouse to aim, he has been addicted to gaming and hardware ever since. Working in IT retail for 10 years gave him great experience with custom-built PCs. His addiction to GPU tech is unwavering.

Related Tags