Pebble's Smartwatch offering has been rated by many as one of the best products on the currently booming market, with improvements said to come very soon in the form of Android Wear capabilities. Their latest beta version of the Pebble app has Android Wear compatibility installed, meaning you'll be able to act on notifications directly through your watchface.
Some of the useful tasks include things such as archiving emails through the watch-face or other simple things such as re-tweeting your mentions on Twitter. There has been no mention of voice commands, but it's still early days of operation and compatibility with this useful service.
In even more positive news, the Android Wear support means that app developers don't need to take another build into account for their releases - meaning that only iOS and Android Wear can be focused on. This not only means easier compatibility for developers looking to make it big, but Pebble users will be able to use more apps than previously thought - automatically now gaining access to Android platform based developments.
You can sign up for the beta right now if you're interested, enjoy!
- This strange X17 particle may explain dark matter & natures 5th force
- Sony joins the growing list pulling out of MWC over coronavirus fears
- Ex-Xbox exec Mike Ybarra joins Blizzard
- Mike Laidlaw leaves Ubisoft, mystery game's future remains unknown
- NVIDIA pulls out of MWC 2020 over coronavirus, joins LG and Ericsson
- > NEXT STORY: US Airline Delta flaw let passengers access others boarding passes
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Xiaomi will be allowed to sell Qualcomm-based smartphones until Jan. 8