Russia has the largest number of mobile users facing attacks, as cybercriminals look to compromise smartphones and tablet devices. The top 10 as reported by Kaspersky: Russia (45.7 percent), India (6.8 percent), Kazakhstan (4.1 percent), Germany (4.0 percent), Ukraine (3.0 percent), Vietnam (2.7 percent), Iran (2.3 percent), UK (2.2 percent), Malaysia (1.8 percent), and Brazil (1.6 percent).
However, Kazakhstan is the only nation on the top 10 countries list based on infection, ranking No. 4 with 1.62 percent, according to Kaspersky.
Cybersecurity companies strongly urge mobile users to utilize anti-malware software to keep their devices more secure. And to download apps only from authorized locations, while keeping a lookout for potential fraudulent links in emails, social media, and other locations.
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- Russian satellites are closing in on a billion-dollar US spy satellite
- Russians replicate Tesla's Cybertruck, it's gas powered & has no doors
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- Australian government wants to SCAN YOUR FACE before you watch porn
- > NEXT STORY: Analyst: Sprint's 'Cut Your Bill In Half' wireless plan is working
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Apple OS X users in the United States faced largest number of attacks