Facebook has publicly introduced FB Newswire, a new way for technology journalists and newsrooms to find, share and embed breaking news. The resource includes news stories, first-person analysis, photos and videos that were posted on Facebook by technology journalists, companies and influencers.
This is Facebook's latest effort to try to win users away from Twitter, which has remained a popular resource for journalists searching for story leads. FB Newswire launched in April and this is the next step in Facebook's strategy to keep users engaged.
Facebook has a massive user base and increasing ad revenue, making it an appealing resource for news agencies to take advantage of.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:49 am CDT
- Save Outlook: Five Ways to Recover Email from Error 0x8004010F
- Facebook to soon ask 2 billion users to review their privacy settings
- Here's how to enable dark mode on Facebook desktop
- Sony's PS5 talk wasn't enough--for next-gen, seeing is believing
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- > NEXT STORY: Survey: Most motorists believe autonomous cars are dangerous
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Facebook launches standalone groups apps to help users stay sorted