Most headlines are filled with Star Citizen lately, especially when Chris Roberts told us exclusively that he "doesn't care about consoles", adding a tease about 8K textures, which seems to have gamers excited. But now we have news of competing space combat game Elite: Dangerous, and an official release date: December 16.
December 16 is a little over a month away, with Frontier Developments putting up a pre-order package of "Elite: Dangerous Mercenary Edition" which gives gamers the full game, ship liveries, Day One decal, and other stuff for $50. Pre-orders receive a $9.99 discount from the final release of the game. Any crowd-funded backer who purchased the Beta, or higher, will receive the Mercenary Pack on December 16.
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- Corsair's new VOID ELITE and HS PRO headsets rock Discord-ready mic
- Best Buy's top holiday deals - save up to $600 on SSDs and cameras
- ViewSonic 55-inch Elite XG550: 55-inch 4K 120Hz OLED TV
- Corsair announces Scimitar RGB Elite gaming mouse, 'micro your macros'
- HTC launching 3 new VR headsets, just in time for Half-Life: Alyx
- > NEXT STORY: Companies fear data breaches, but not doing enough to prevent them
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Moto X receives its Android 5.0 Lollipop update before Nexus devices