Gamers interested in purchasing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will be able to pick up a copy at WalMart or GameStop 24 hours before release at other retailers. More than 2,800 Walmart stores will host special events on Nov. 2 at 10 p.m. local time, with the Day Zero Edition of the game available on sale at 12:01 AM on Nov. 3 - with the official release date on Nov. 4.
Amazon, Best Buy and Costco made the Call of Duty Day Zero edition available on sale over the summer, but only have limited supply - but Walmart ensures they "are not going to run out," according to Walmart senior VP for entertainment, Laura Phillips.
WalMart also is selling used games in its stores, after the retailer began a program in which gamers receive gift cards for their used video games in March.
Last updated: Nov 2, 2014 at 12:00 am CDT
- Call of Duty 2020 confirmed, expected to sell less than Modern Warfare
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake has lots of pre-order exclusives
- Call of Duty pro tournaments will be played on PS4, not PC
- Modern Warfare 2 remastered is a PS4 timed exclusive
- Apple users can now do their shopping with their voice, just ask Siri
- > NEXT STORY: Relive your LucasArts memories through GOG.com
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Alienware 13 notebook 'graphics amplifier' lets you use a desktop GPU