The city of Chicago is the top market for wireless service in the United States, leading the way in overall performance, with top three positions in speed, reliability and population, according to RootMetrics. Verizon Wireless was the best service in Chicago, followed by Sprint, AT&T, and then T-Mobile, the group also noted.
"Chicago fared better than most other large markets," said Julie Dey, RootMetrics VP of marketing, in a statement. "It came in No. 1 in overall and in data performance, but single digits in the other categories with the exception of texts. I think what that means for Chicago folks is positive. There are many great options for mobile carriers, and all of them are pretty good. It's a good thing for consumers."
In overall comparison, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Lansing, Michigan, Rockford, Illinois, and Spokane, Washington round out the top five.
Last updated: Nov 2, 2014 at 12:00 am CDT
- Police are using privacy breaching AI to scan everyone's social media
- Understanding the PS5's SSD: A deep dive into next-gen storage tech
- Razer unveils new flagship Basilisk Ultimate wireless gaming mouse
- The US is now the country with the most coronavirus COVID-19 cases
- PlayStation 5's first external SSD possibly teased
- > NEXT STORY: GTA: San Andreas re-release for Microsoft Xbox 360 expected soon
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Rapoo launches the KX Mechanical Keyboard with vibration feedback