It's been a while since Heroes had everyone rushing home for the latest episode, but after the first series ended, it lost most of its fizz. Well, Sony is set to break out onto the TV scene with PlayStation TV, and its first show, Powers, is looking like it could be a great first hit for the company's new venture. Check out the trailer below.
Sony's various entertainment divisions are producing content exclusive to their gaming platforms, in the hopes of building a Netflix-like library of content, but for PlayStation users. Powers is Sony's first show for the new platform on PlayStation, with the show being a TV adaption of Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming's work on the comic of Powers.
It stars Sharlto Copley from District 9 and Elysium, and will air on the PlayStation Network in December.
- Game devs: Xbox Series X isn't significantly more powerful than PS5
- PlayStation 5's SSD may revolutionize save states with instant launch
- PS5 won't play PS1, PS2 or PS3 discs, 100 PS4 games support at launch
- Sony's PS5 talk wasn't enough--for next-gen, seeing is believing
- PS5's boost mode is so powerful that some PS4 games can't handle it
- > NEXT STORY: Carl Zeiss + VR, yes it's happening, with VR One to cost just $99
- < PREVIOUS STORY: BioWare releases PC hardware requirements for Dragon Age: Inquisition