Microsoft, Sony and Activision want to see the forthcoming Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare become to best-selling Call of Duty yet, with Activision announcing a cross-buy deal.
This cross-buy deal sees the digital versions of the Xbox 360 and PS3 including a Xbox One or PS4 version, for free. Better yet, this includes all of the purchased DLC and season passes, and all of the stats you will tally up on the previous-gen hardware. Once you've secured yourself a copy of the looks-like-Titanfall-meets-COD first-person shoote,r you just need to enter in a code that you'll receive with your copy.
This deal expires at the end of March 2015, so you'll have plenty of time to get your free current-gen copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. This is how the companies should be dealing with all games, as it encourages people to buy a new console without having to fork out the money for it right now. Better yet, I don't see why you couldn't buy this on the Xbox 360 or PS3 for yourself (or a friend) and then use the code for a Xbox One or PS4 version. I guess we'll find out more details on this deal closer to the release of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Xbox Series X 4K 60FPS made possible by Zen 2 CPU, says 3D Realms dev
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- > NEXT STORY: Alien: Isolation works with Oculus Rift after couple of simple tweaks
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Indian govt to investigate Flipkart over 'Big Billion Day' complaints