Reports from the Chinese state media indicate the Chinese military plans to further improve its cybersecurity efforts, while also putting an emphasis on domestic software development. There is concern that the Internet and current cybersecurity is dominated by Western countries, and not enough is being done in China to promote development.
Major Chinese universities have highly educated students, and they will be called upon to help develop domestic software.
"Information security must be considered an underlying project in military battle preparedness," said the People's Liberation Army Daily. "We will strongly advance the domestic and independent building of programs, and strengthen the foundations of our information security."
Recently, FBI director James Comey listed China as the biggest cyberthreat to the United States - due to organized state-sponsored hacking.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:36 am CDT
- US military says that 5G is 'crucial' for Space Force operations
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- United Nations wants 10% of global GDP to fund coronavirus response
- Is China hiding the real COVID-19 death toll? 21 million phones VANISH
- > NEXT STORY: Drone use among farmers becoming popular, as private use increases
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Researchers: Electricity smart meters used in Spain can be hacked