Ubisoft has announced a three-week delay to The Crew, with its original release date of November 11 being pushed back to December 2. Ubisoft has also announced that there will be a second closed beta on both the PS4 and Xbox One next month.
The developer said that the new beta will be "giving even more players the opportunity to experience the game, which is something the community has been requesting". Julian Gerighty explained the delay, where he said: "Our philosophy remains to deliver the best game possible. We're all committed to delivering a revolutionary experience in the driving genre and we can't wait for The Crew to be in the hands of the players".
This isn't the first time Ubisoft has delayed The Crew, as it was originally meant to launch early 2014. The company delayed it to Q2 of fiscal year 2015, and now again to December 2.
- Mike Laidlaw leaves Ubisoft, mystery game's future remains unknown
- Ubisoft to launch 9 big AAA games on next-gen PS5, Project Scarlett
- Next-gen Splinter Cell game could be revealed at The Game Awards 2019
- New Viking Assassin's Creed may be next-gen console launch game
- Ubisoft cancels new Destiny-like IP from Watch Dogs 2 developer
- > NEXT STORY: Next Car Game from the developers of FlatOut now called Wreckfest
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Assassin's Creed Unity rendered at 900p at 30FPS on both Xbox One, PS4