Apple users are frustrated with difficulty in upgrading to iOS 8, as download times are painfully long. To make matters worse, some networks are being slammed by so much traffic, it's almost like they are under distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack.
Networking company Procera Networks found one CIS mobile network that saw its network traffic jump an incredible 4000 percent than normal - an astronomical traffic amount for non-video applications.
Everything from Apple's iPhone models to its smartwatch were criticized - but anytime there is a new iOS release, Apple fans quickly flock to download the latest operating system. However, after just a few days, adoption for iOS 8 has been slower than that of iOS 6 or iOS 7, according to analysts. The iOS 8 upgrade requires 5.8GB of storage space, forcing some users to delete photos, videos, and other data to free up space to upgrade.
- Since everyone is staying home, Facebook is getting ridiculous traffic
- Xbox Series X may enhance Xbox 360, OG Xbox games too
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Xbox Series X enhanced games aren't compatible with HDDs
- Apple could acquire Disney because of coronavirus COVID-19
- > NEXT STORY: Microsoft delays Xbox launch in China, as global expansion struggles
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Home Depot breach tops Target, with almost 60 million cards affected