DisplayMate has one of the first Galaxy Note 4 smartphones in its possession, calling it the best display on a smartphone, ever. Samsung sent the company a pre-production model of its upcoming 'phablet' to test out, with its new 2560x1440 display.
DisplayMate played with the pre-production Galaxy Note 4, where it said: "It provides lots of image detail - it can display four complete HD 1280x720 images at once. The display has Diamond Pixels and Sub-Pixel Rendering with 518 pixels per inch (ppi), providing significantly higher image sharpness than can be resolved with normal 20/20 Vision at the typical viewing distances of 10 inches or more for Smartphones, so the display appears perfectly sharp".
By the end of its piece on the Galaxy Note 4, DisplayMate said that the display on the Note 4 "matches or breaks new records in Smartphone display performance".
Last updated: Dec 6, 2019 at 02:46 pm CST
- DisplayMate rates Galaxy S20 Ultra the best smartphone display EVER
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Note 20+, Note 20 Ultra renders teased
- This is our first look at Samsung's new Galaxy Note 20 smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy Z: new foldable phone folds into 'Z' shape
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphones
- > NEXT STORY: Microsoft will announce Windows 9 on September 30 in San Francisco
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Phanteks unleashes its Enthoo EVOLV, a beautiful new mITX chassis