Electronics maker Samsung and bookstore Barnes & Noble recently launched the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook, a 7-inch device including an HD display. The Nook 4 is available now with a $179 price tag after $20 instant rebate, including more than $200 in free content to help draw in customers.
The device includes a quad-core processor, 8GB storage, 3-megapixel rear camera and 1.3-megapixel front camera, and runs Google Android 4.4 Kit Kat.
"The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook is the most advanced Nook ever, delivering the great Nook experience our customers have come to love, with the high-performance tablet features they've asked for," said Michael Huseby, Barnes & Noble CEO, in a press statement. "We invite reading and entertainment fans to visit their local Barnes & Noble store to experience the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook."
There has been some interest for the Samsung-Barnes & Noble offering - but others have questioned how much longer Samsung will keep developing Nook tablets. Barnes & Noble is taking its Nook Media business away from the core bookstores, but the relationship between Samsung and Barnes & Noble will remain in place for the foreseeable future.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Note 20+, Note 20 Ultra renders teased
- Samsung Galaxy Z: new foldable phone folds into 'Z' shape
- This is our first look at Samsung's new Galaxy Note 20 smartphone
- Our first 'official' photo of Samsung's new Galaxy S20, Galaxy Buds+
- Galaxy Fold 2 specs: 108MP camera, next-gen Snapdragon 865 and 5G tech
- > NEXT STORY: Ponemon Institute: 90% of healthcare companies lose patient data
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Octopus helps inspire researchers developing new camouflage technology