Flash Memory Summit 2014 - ST-MRAM is one of the front-runners to power the future of the datacenter. Everspin is the only company in the world producing Spin-Torque MRAM, and at the Flash Memory Summit they announced that they are ramping their 64Mb DDR3 Spin-Torque MRAM. This is the world's first commercially viable product that has been released utilizing ST-MRAM.
ST-MRAM provides RAM-like performance, but with the persistence of a non-volatile memory technology. ST-MRAM will initially be used as a complimentary technology to other storage technologies until it gains in density. Everspin actually has working MRAM in production already, products in the field, and a whopping 600 active patents in their portfolio.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 11:47 am CDT
- NASA astronaut explains how humans can be 'cooked' going to Mars
- Unity Engine now has support for real-time ray tracing tech
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- Microsoft DreamWalker: walk around in real-life, but a VR location
- Coronavirus COVID-19 cure to be rolled out in under 10 days
- > NEXT STORY: FMS 2014 - Tom Coughlin speaks about the future of storage
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Hands-on with NVIDIA's 8-inch Shield Tablet with Android and Tegra K1