Flash Memory Summit 2014 - One of the most interesting conversations we had at the Flash Memory Summit came from Dr. Simon Sze directly after he won a lifetime achievement award for co-inventing the floating gate back in 1967. Interestingly enough the very first floating gate was deployed in the original Nintendo game system.
According to our rough calculations there are over 1 pentillion floating gates in use in the world today. Or 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 floating gates, for those keeping exact track. Dr. Simon Sze has an interesting story, and continues to teach in a university to this day.
- Baldur's Gate 3 will be playable in 2020 via early access
- Baldur's Gate 3 is turn-based and RTwP, has Witcher 3-style dialog
- Blizzard, please don't remaster Diablo II...just leave it be
- Mass Effect writer: BioWare's new games are based on market research
- Man creates virtual traffic jams with just 99 smartphones and a wagon
- > NEXT STORY: Google Android KitKat running on more than 20% of Android devices
- < PREVIOUS STORY: FMS 2014 - Phison details newest SSD controller