Remember that massive barge that Google was working on that had so many people wondering what the firm was up to. The thing was envisioned as a sort of floating party house and showroom that would allow Google to show off its products to various people.
It appears Google has had second thoughts about its floating palace for tech and is sending the four-story structure on the barge to the scrap heap. The massive barge has been sitting in Portland Harbor since October of last year and has a four-story structure made from shipping containers.
The barge in Portland was supposed to be towed to NYC once finished for its unveiling. This week the barge was towed from the dock where it has been moored with reports indicating the barge itself had been purchased while the shipping containers will be scrapped. There is no word on why Google is abandoning the project.
- Fallout 1st Scrap Box bug: Bethesda to restore lost scrap with new fix
- Gamer plugs PS4 into airport information monitor to play Apex Legends
- Activision hires Google ecommerce, transaction pro as new president
- Fallout 76 gets $100 a year subscription plan with pay-to-win content
- Google Earth has now officially mapped 98% of the world's population
- > NEXT STORY: iPhone 5S screen replacements start in Apple Store on August 4
- < PREVIOUS STORY: The SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge Out of Water trailer debuts