Electronics tinkerers love the Raspberry Pi because it is cheap and has some very cool uses. The little Raspberry Pi has been updated again and this time it gains some very cool features that fans will really appreciate. This latest model is called the Raspberry Pi Model B+.
The main new feature of the upgraded Pi is a microSD card slot that is a push-push unit rather than the old friction fit. Changes to the connector layout mean that existing cases may not work for the B+ version of the Pi. Some of the add-ons won't work either, such as the Adafruit Cobbler and Wolfson audio card.
The Raspberry Pi Foundation says that this will be the last evolution of the original Pi and that the next version will be Version 2. The Pi also gets the ability to power memory sticks and other items through the USB port. Other changes for stability and usability were made as well.
Last updated: Jul 20, 2014 at 12:00 am CDT
- Raspberry Pi 4: 40x CPU perf, 8x memory, 4x pixels, and only $35
- New viking Assassin's Creed leak: 4 player co-op, 2020 next-gen launch
- SanDisk 1TB microSD cards MELTS Nintendo Switch console
- Silent Hill is back...as a slot machine (yes really)
- Elgato's new capture card makes next-gen console streaming easy as pie
- > NEXT STORY: Cray wins contract for supercomputer to simulate nuke tests
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Ford confirms 500k vehicles under NHTSA investigation for steering