Fans of arcade fighting games will probably have some fond memories of the Tekken franchise. This game franchise has been around for six iterations and has some of the most memorable characters and game play in the fighter genre. The next installment in the franchise was announced at EVO 2014.
Tekken 7 is in the works and along with the tease that the game is coming at the EVO 2014 tournament comes a trailer for the game, which you can see here. What we know about the game right now is that it will use Unreal Engine 4, and it is expected to be available on next-gen consoles. There is no word on when it will launch.
Game producer Katsuhiro Harada said: "With Unreal Engine 4, we can rapidly achieve visual quality expected on next-gen platforms and go beyond it. Not only is Unreal Engine 4 powerful and easy to use, but it also allows us to bring Tekken 7 to any platform we desire."
Last updated: Jul 14, 2014 at 06:10 am CDT
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- > NEXT STORY: Ford confirms 500k vehicles under NHTSA investigation for steering
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Scientists patent a new flexible nano-pixel bendable screen technology